– Suitable for 15 years old and up –
Date: every Saturday from 10am to 12pm (starting September)
Duration: 2 hours (only for theory) – flying days will take longer, maybe even the whole day.
Location: Let ‘em Play Function Room – 18 Boon Lay Way, #01-100, Singapore 609966.
Ever thought of being a pilot and don’t know if you would like it or how to go about it? We would like to help you in this aspect. The WOW Experience has put together a Flight Introductory Program in Singapore where participants will get to experience General Aviation flights in an airplane (Cessna or Piper) as well as a Robinson Helicopter. This program aims to expose individuals to flying in small aircrafts and to discover if flying is for them as a career or simply just a hobby!
Participants who signed up will be going through a couple of flight introduction ground lessons followed by weekends of flying in Johor. They will get the chance to be in the co-pilot seats of the training aircrafts, namely the piper warrior and the R22 Robinson Helicopter. Participants will be able to experience flight in both types of aircraft and determine which one appeals to them more and possibly sign up to begin training in one or both of them.
Most of the actual flying will be done in Malaysia and hence students will need to have a valid passport for this program.
What you can get at the end of the Program
This is a simplified flight experience program, held in Singapore, is for participants who want to discover if flying is for them, hence by the end of the program, they would be able to know and understand how each type of aircrafts work and which one they are more keen to pursue.
Along with the process, participants will also be exposed to the back-stage happenings on what goes on in the aviation industry as well as what happens during each take offs and landings between the pilot and the control tower.
Course Structure & Lesson Plans
Week 1 – Introduction of Program Outline and Setting Expectations
Week 2 – Basic Principles of Flight
Week 3 – Radio Communication
Week 4 – Weather to Fly
Week 5 – Flight Experience
Week 6 – Flight Experience
Week 7 – Flight Experience
Week 8 – Flight Experience
Week 9 – Flight Experience
The whole Flight Introductory program will cost $3,800 (SGD).
– week 1 to 4 theory lessons and materials
– rental of aircraft, pilots, fuel, take-off & landing fees and ground service fees
– at least 3hrs (ideally 5hrs) of flight time on Helicopter & Airplane, weather permitting (can achieve more time if weather and other factors are favourable)
– maximum 3 land transfer cost into Malaysia for flying experience
– this program aims to expose students to flying, the hours and exposure is NOT counted as training records for further advancements unless otherwise arranged.
– students might require less than 9 weeks to complete the program. Schedule will depend on sign-ups and weather permitting (for flying)
– students can have options of further advancing into flying solo or doing their PPL after the course. Please consult your instructors accordingly
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why does the student have to do the flying in Malaysia and not in Singapore?
Singapore airspace is very busy due to our booming commercial airport. While the rest of the airspace are controlled by the military and hence, there isn’t any decent flight training spaces in Singapore.
Malaysia offers more air space availability and time slots for flying.
- I have an eye-sight issue, I do not have perfect eye-sight. Can I still participate?
Yes. You do not need perfect eye-sight to fly an aircraft.
- Can females join the course? I’m really interested to become a pilot.
Gone are the days where only males can be pilots. As long as you are above 16, we welcome you.
- How long would those flying days be?
General Aviation is via Visual Flight Reference and hence, it could be very weather permitting. On days we travel up for flying, we might take the whole day given that we go to Johor via land and have to go through 2 sets customs/immigration checks. These days will be brief and advance notice will be given to the students to make arrangements.
- Is there insurance covered?
Yes. Both aircraft, pilot and passengers are covered in case of any mishaps. But of course, we are avoiding that at ALL cost. However, you might want to consider some travel insurance for the trips into Malaysia. They are only day trips mostly.
To sign up, please drop us a note on the contact form on the right.